Though now a part of Powys, along with Breconshire to the south and Montgomeryshire to the north, Radnorshire has a distinct identity of its own. It is a county of rolling hills and livestock farming, bordering the English counties of Shropshire and Herefordshire.

Far Hall is a small manor house of mediaeval origin.  Extended by John Scorey, Bishop of Hereford, in the 1560’s, it retains many original features.  For four centuries it was a farmhouse and for twenty years served as a store. Jason and Julienne Braham bought Far Hall in 2003, and continued the restoration work begun by the previous owner. In addition to the pottery there are painting and printmaking studios and a gallery.

The pottery is housed in a timber outbuilding, with the kilns in a barn alongside. The salt kiln has a packing space of twenty-four cubic feet. The “Sèvres” kiln will have up to twice this capacity.

For an appointment to visit the studios telephone:   01597 851 181 or 07852 403 286